Sunday, April 13, 2008

PLA Conference

I had the tremendous pleasure of attending 4 days of the PLA conference held at the Minneapolis Convention Center at the end of March and just want to say that it was an opportunity I have rarely experienced. The networking and socializing with so many different public librarians from as far-reaching as Texas, Michingan and Boston as well as Virginia, and Eden Prairie, Mn. Through the many opportunities and sessions I attended, it afforded me a glimpse of the similarities, not differences that we experience very day in our jobs. I especially enjoyed the discussions regarding Teen services as that was of particular interest to me. I personally met 19 authors, received or purchased 14 individually signed novels, as well as the sharing of resources and Readers Advisory, Web 2.0 sessions. It reinforced my thinking and feelings about how important it is for us school librarians to support and communicate with our public libraries. We can become a valuable TEAM that delivers services and resources to our community and we can work together to make our programs successful and worthwhile.

No comments: