Sunday, April 13, 2008

Thing 14: Reliable Online Resources

Exploration and the time I spent reviewing many of these made me want to immediately create a pathfinder for such things as digital books online, ebooks, famous poets and poems, folklore, mythology, William Shakespeare in entirety in print online...and most especially and useful to me immediately is the ipl site for literary criticism. A site that my high school language arts teachers will use over and over again. What a wealth of criticism organized in an extremely useful and easy way. I'm excited and overwhelmed at the same time. YEAH to MILI for forcing (encouraging and presenting) these wonderful tools for exploration in such a useful way. This year I have found Britannica has really come a long way with improvement to their online encyclopedia...I especially like Best of the Web on the right hand side...their links for example under "Afghanistan" are awesome and can save lots and lots of time browsing in Google. Another thing I noticed this week on SIRS Researcher is that they are not including weblinks to their topics as well as the Primary Sources. And for countries, our subscribtion database "CountryWatch" is excellent" with the useful sidebars and easy access cultural and political pieces included.

No comments: