Monday, December 17, 2007

Thing 3

I love the fact that you can check out books from any library in Minnesota with your public library card. When we spend the summer at our cabin in Grand Rapids, there is a beautiful public library right on the Mississippi River so I check out items all of the time. When my grandchildren come to visit, that is always a great thing to do on rainy or cold days. There are so many places to sit and enjoy books together, that sometimes we read them right there and go back for others.
This year, I am trying to give the public libraries a heads up when I think they might like to know what our students may be needing. The librarian at Chanhassen did contact me for suggestions on items and areas in resources that needed reinforcement so that they could purchase items in those areas. It is a great collaborative effort. We are fortunate, in District 112 to have both Chanhassen and Chaska Public Libraries that are so willing to support us.

1 comment:

Connie said...

I love visiting public libraries in other towns. You're giving your granddaughters wonderful memories of reading together there.